Quinnipiac University, School of Communications Hamden, CT
Master of Science in Interactive Media, Expected May 2014
Bachelor of Arts in Journalism, Expected May 2013
• Concentration in Print Journalism, Minor in Sociology
• Cumulative GPA: 3.6
Spring 2012 •Inductee of Lampda Pi Eta (Communications Honor Society)
01/13 – 04/13 Clear Vision Productions Hamden, CT
Social Media Intern for Marketing/Event Planning Company
• The Social Media Intern launched a social media campaign for vendors participating in “Fun Girl’s Night Out.” FGNO is a woman’s event that attracts between 1,000 and 2,000 attendees. The venders advertise goods and services such as jewelry design, waxing, vacationing, massages, nail and spa, and more. The social media campaign advertised the vendors, the event and associated promotions on Facebook and Twitter. The campaign was structured to attract women between the ages of 18 and 50 to FGNO.
01/12 – 05/12 World Wrestling Entertainment, WWE Stamford, CT
Publishing and Photography Intern for WWE Kids Magazine
• The Publishing/Photography Intern assisted with adult magazine, the kid’s magazine and the kid’s website.Images were selected from archives and set aside for use in the adult magazine. Short blurbs were written about talent interviews, wrestling matches and merchandise for the kid’s magazine. Letters from young fans were selected to appear in future magazines.
09/10 – 12/12 The Quad News, Quinnipiac University Hamden, CT
Weekly, student-run, independent, online newspaper
Lifestyles staff writer (09.10 – 05.11) Lifestyles Section Editor (Fall 2011)
News Section Editor (Fall 2012)
• Students met weekly to brainstorm story ideas and discuss news. The section leader developed a weekly budget, assigning stories to staff writers. Leaders wrote one article per week, edited staff writers’ articles and submitted articles to the copy editor.
Spring 2009 The Croton Gazette Croton, NY
• The Editorial Intern reported on local town events. School and town meetings were attended, locals were profiled and events were highlighted in the weekly paper.
03/09 – Friendly’s Yorktown Heights, NY
• Waitresses served and seated guests, took phone orders, prepared food and performed opening/closing cleaning procedures.
01/12 – Depot Market Pelham, NY
As Needed Waitress
• Waitresses catered events, such as holiday parties, birthday parties or celebrations. Employees transported food, prepared food, plated and packed food for the catering company.
11/10 – Arnold Bernhard Library, Quinnipiac University Hamden, CT
05/13 Circulation Desk Assistant
• Employees assisted guests with questions, checked materials into and out of the library and shelved materials.
• Escapist Theory is proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. ET works well with deadlines, is able to multitask and is fluent in AP style. ET is experienced with news, lifestyle, profile and feature styles of writing. ET is a daily consumer of social media outlets, such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram and Hootsuite. Additionally, ET fluently speaks Italian.